Saturday 30 November 2013

Anime Review: Waiting in the Summer

Genre: Sci-Fi, Romance, Comedy
Episodes: 12
Overall thoughts: a coming of age story with a few great twists
Distributor: Madman

Image via Amazon



When I pulled Waiting in the Summer out of the Madman box I instantly tossed it aside. Just another 'I love her, she loves me, we won't tell each other until the second last episode'. But one night out of desperation (I couldn't find the anime I actually wanted to watch) I popped the DVD into my PS3 and plopped down on the couch. By the end of the first episode I was hooked! 

Image via Nerdilista Neda
Waiting in the Summer is the story of Kaito Kirishima, a first year high school student that has aspirations of making films. Following the death of his parents Kaito decides he wants to leave something behind to be remembered by. With the help of his friends they decide to make a film during their summer vacation (or at least I think it's their vacation, they seem to still be wearing their uniforms throughout it). Enter love interest Ichika Takatsuki, a beautiful new transfer student that has no place to live and seems a little confused and out of place. In usual anime fashion the male and female protagonist end up living together and love blossoms. As the two characters learn to deal with the way they feel about each other, they also learn how their actions impact the lives of their friends.

Image via Capsule Computers
Like I mentioned above, there are some twists and turns in what the DVD box pegs as a stereotypical slice of life coming of age story. I enjoyed discovering them myself so I won't ruin anything for you. Just be warned that you might want to have some tissues handy!    


Let us know what you think about this post in the comments section below or connect with us on the Amine Sydney Facebook or Twitter!